Sam is four! It was so fun to have his birthday this year because he "gets" it. He was so excited about everything. From the presents, to the cake, to the party, to the birthday shirt, to the banner...he was going to make sure it all happened and that it was all fabulous. It was such a crazy day/week/month, that his birthday snuck up on me. I was feeling really overwhelmed and bad that his birthday was going to suffer because of all the other things I had been up to. So I decided to take the advice that my husband is always giving me and ask for help...not an easy thing for me. I called my mom, and of course she came up and helped save the day. She first made the most awesome train cake for Sam and then before leaving took a big project I was working on home to her house to work on for me!

Then my great neighbor, and sweet friend, Aymee, called and of course rescued me too. She is my crafting mentor and she came and spent hours with me during the day to finish another huge project (and then she even came back after the party until the wee hours of the night, just to make sure I was taken care of!). With such great people around me Sam's birthday and everything else I was being over come by somehow seemed to easy and manageable. I was able to make a cute train banner for Sam and the best birthday shirt to-date...two things I love to do for each birthday. Presents got wrapped, and the house got cleaned. I actually had a bout 20 minutes before everyone was coming over for his party!

We had the grandparents over and Tressa. It was fun to have just a few people over and watch Sam entertain. We opened presents first. Sam got the coveted "Woody Train" (Toy Story 3 Lego Train) he has been drooling over for months at the store. We didn't see him much later that night, except for when it was cake time.

We had a great nacho party, a build your own kind of deal, and boy was it easy and yummy. It was cute to me that Sam wanted a nacho party since that consists of about 80% of what he eats right now! :) Over all it was a great day and I am proud to be a parent of a 4 year old!
Look how happy Sam is! He is too cute. I'm glad everything turned out well, and I am so jealous you have your Mom to call when you need her. The shirt seriously turned out AMAZING! And look how proud he is to wear it! Great job, and nice on catching up with your blog...maybe I can also..
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday SAM! The shirt and cake are darling. Fun traditions!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to Sam! I can't believe how fast time goes. I remember when he was blessed at church. SO CUTE! Oh, and I love the cake.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Sam! You're pretty amazing Karen....and I'm glad you have good people around you to help you in your amazing-ness! Love you guys!
ReplyDelete