The kids were excited for Easter. We had a great time dying eggs Friday night so the Easter bunny could put them in our baskets.
The Easter Bunny came to us on Saturday so that we could have fun and save Sunday for our spiritual Easter. We liked this a lot. He was also very generous and gave each of the kids a big toy to go along with their baskets.
We had a great time having the whole field to ourselves for our Easter Egg Hunt. I thought I had filled and hid so many eggs, but I was proven wrong as my kids ran and attacked them. They found them all and had most of them dissected and eaten within minutes. I'll have to up my game next year! :)
Chloe LOVED the idea of being able to eat as many treats as she wanted. I just think she was a little disappointed that there wasn't more chocolate! :)
Sam learned that he could eat his treats faster if he just dumped the whole thing into his mouth! He really is turning into quite the little man!
The Boys were so excited about the scooters and had to try them out right away. Chloe loved her golf set and doesn't have a problem letting anyone know it's "mine." :)
I just had to get a shot of Seth's awesome get up. There is nothing hotter than a very white man pushing a baby in a ghetto stroller while wearing basketball shorts and dress shoes! How'd I ever get so lucky! :)
On our drive home we always like to see what wildlife we can see. We have seen moose, deer, elk, bald eagles, hawks, cows, horses, sheep, giselles...
Well, this time we saw something so cool. There were these goats totally climbing up this straight up rock wall along the road. I've always heard about how goats can climb anything, now I know it's true. We just sat there and watched them. It was amazing.

When we got home I actually made my first Easter Dinner ever. It was so yummy. I was pretty proud of myself. I have made it a goal to improve my cooking skills and it has been fun to try and succeed with some new great things.
I left the kitchen before dinner was done and came back to this. So cute. Love my husband! :)
We finished our Easter Weekend with a fun "Family Night" Lesson to go over the reason of Easter. I loved this. It was fun to have the kids open the eggs, see the drawings and then look at the pictures and learn of Jesus and his mission on Earth. I loved teaching them about His ressurection and how we will live again with Heavenly Father. I am so grateful for this time of year. Just think. We dedicate a time each year to focus, study, and celebrate our Savior's love for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment