Thursday, March 29, 2012

Kindergarten Orientation

I got to go with Sam to check out the Elementary School in our neighborhood to get his ready for Kindergarten. It was fun to see how excited he was.
I have been homeschooling Sam in preschool and it has been great. He is so quick to learn and very bright. I was hoping to keep him at home and continue with homeschooling, but he decided he wanted to go to school, so there we were.
The school's mascot is a dragon named Fireball. Sam thought that was so cool. I discovered that the librarian is my former nurse, so that was fun. We checked out all the kindergarten classrooms and Sam of course had to find a train in each one. There was one classroom with out one. Sam doesn't want to be in that class! :)

After the tour we meet in a large group to meet the principal, nurses and teachers. Then we moved on to the more exciting part. Activities!
He didn't want a pirate hat so he decided he'd make one for James.

Here's his best "arrrrr" pirate face! :)

Sam had fun tracing my hand and foot. I then traced his and he labeled each of them, just in case we needed clarification later of whose was whose! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment